SciGirls Educator Workshop: Professional Development Training
SciGirls is produced for PBS by Twin Cities PBS and is made possible by the National Science Foundation.
Friday, May 25th, 2018
Local Educators Invited!
Participants attending this workshop will:
• Learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
• Experience hands-on STEM activities
• Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
• Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
• Discover additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.
WHO: Educators wanting to learn more about engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
WHERE: Centennial Student Union, Room 245 (tentative), Minnesota State University, Mankato
COST: FREE with Registration
WHEN: Friday, May 25, 2018
Camp Counselors: 9:30am-Noon (invitation only)
All Educators: 1:00pm-3:30pm (open to public): REGISTRATION
What is SciGirls?
SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Local educators are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on Professional Development Training hosted by the Minnesota State Engineering Center of Excellence and MSU, Mankato College of Business. We welcome you to practice proven strategies for engaging girls in STEM while designing parachutes, lighting up a room with dough creatures, and much more!